Alvarado Heritage Center

Alvarado Heritage & Preservation Foundation

Greenbrier Baptist Church

Constituted in 1878 with 17 charter members, this pioneer church originally served early settlers of the Greenbrier community, renamed Greenfield in 1917 when the Stubblefield School merged with the local district. Before the construction of sanctuaries, the Baptist and Methodist congregations met together in the community's schoolhouse. A center of activity in the surrounding area for over a century, the Greenbrier Baptist Church has been led by many prominent pastors and Johnson County pioneers.  (1983)